Gas Services Warrington

* Boiler Repairs & Servicing
* Landlord Gas Certificates
* Gas Inspections
* Gas Central Heating
* Gas Safe Registered

Call us today on 07989 371259

Central Heating and Combination Boiler Technician
North West Gas Services

Gas ServicesPW Gas Services - FAQs

Paul White Gas Services have listed below some of the most frequently asked questions by existing customers. Displayed below are answers to questions about gas, boilers, heating systems and a lot more.

If there are any questions you feel should be listed below then please let us know so we can update accordingly. Whether it looks funny, sounds strange or smells peculiar then Paul White Gas Services will have the answer.

Anyone employed to work on gas appliances in domestic premises must be a Gas Safe registered engineer link to external website and competent in that area of gas work. The gas engineer's competencies are clearly marked on the back of the engineer's Gas Safe Register ID card. If in any doubt you can ring Gas Safe Register 0800 408 5500 or check their website link to external website to see if the engineer is registered.

Since 31 October 1998, any room converted to use as sleeping accommodation should not contain the following types of gas appliances:

  1. A gas fire, gas space heater or a gas water heater (including a gas boiler) over 14 kilowatts gross input unless it is room sealed.
  2. A gas fire, gas space heater, or a gas water heater (including a gas boiler) of 14 kilowatts gross input or less or any instantaneous water heater unless it is room sealed or has an atmosphere-sensing device.

If a room contains one or more of the above appliances and was used as a bedroom prior to 1998 then you will need to do a risk assessment to determine if it can still be used as a bedroom. If you are unsure of the safety of any gas appliance you should get a Gas Safe registered link to external website engineer to check it for you.

All Gas Safe registered engineers carry ID cards which tell you which appliances they are qualified to work on.

You can check that the engineer or the business is on the Gas Safe Register website link to external website.

If you suspect there is a gas leak in your premises you should immediately do the following:

  • Call National Grid's Gas Emergency Freephone number: 0800 111 999
  • Open all the doors and windows
  • Shut off the gas supply at the meter control valve (if you know where it is)

For more information visit

Early symptoms of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning can mimic many common ailments and may easily be confused with food poisoning, viral infections, flu or simple tiredness. Symptoms to look out for include:

  • headaches or dizziness
  • breathlessness
  • nausea
  • loss of consciousness
  • tiredness
  • pains in the chest or stomach
  • erratic behaviour
  • visual problems

For more information visit or telephone NHS Direct on 0845 4647.
If you or your family experience any of the above symptoms and believe you may have been exposed to carbon monoxide, you should seek urgent medical advice from either your GP or an A&E department.

If your engineer recommends that more work needs to be done on your appliance always follow the advice given. If you have any doubts over the advice follow it in the interim period and contact Gas Safe Register website link to external website for further advice.

It is illegal for anyone to use a gas appliance if they suspect it is unsafe. Turn the appliance off and do not touch it until it has been checked by a Gas Safe registered engineer. If you suspect there is a gas leak you should immediately do the following:

  • Call National Grid’s Gas Emergency Freephone number: 0800 111 999
  • Open all the doors and windows
  • Shut off the gas supply at the meter control valve (if you know where it is)

By law landlords must carry out an annual gas safety check and provide tenants with a copy of the record of that check. New tenants should receive a copy before they move in and existing tenants should get a copy within 28 days of the annual check being done. If you don’t have a current gas safety record please follow this guidance.

Paul White Gas Services provide services to the North West regions including Warrington, Widnes, Runcorn, St Helens and surrounding areas. For a more detailed area location please click here.

If your boiler is going to cost too much to repair and/or is too old to repair then your gas service fitter will advise you on available options that suit your budget. You will only be advised on a new boiler installation should we feel it will benefit you in the long term.


Boiler Repair and ServicingPaul White Gas Services Warrington

Should you have any questions about your gas appliances, gas servicing requirements or even gas landlord certificates, then please do not hesitate to give us a call and we will be happy to assist you with advice and appointment times if required.

Tel: 07989 371259


Complete Gas Boiler and Gas Central Heating Repair and Servicing Specialists in the North West - leave it to the professional Gas Engineers

  • Central heating systems & repairs

    Dont let your central heating system let you down this winter....

    Central Heating Repairs
  • Boiler repairs and service

    Boiler Servicing and repairs ensure your appliance is safe and reliable !

    Boiler Service Warrington
  • CP12 Landlord Certficates

    Gas installations and appliances have to be safe !

    Landlords Gas Inspection Certificates

Working Hours

08:00am to 6:00pm

08:00am to 12:00pm
Brands we support